Serving in the Oregon Eugene Mission

Monday, April 4, 2016

4/4/16
Conference
so I really loved President Eyring's opening talk! I felt so much comfort and peace during it! I also realized that we were doing the same thing at the same time! I was watching the same things you guy were watching! So that was awesome! I have so many favorite talks from this conference! I took the challenge to bring question to conference this year. I started thinking about question about a week or 2 in advance. I wanted my questions to be real questions that I needed answers to. So I pondered my questions for a long time and thought want I wanted to know. I wrote them down on a post it note and I put it in the back on my journal and every time I started to wonder in conference I would look at it and remind myself what I wanted to learn. Even in talks about stuff I didn't think applied to me, I was able to pull things out that I felt I needed to be learning at this point of my mission to help me and also so I could help others. EVERY SINGLE ON OF MY QUESTIONS WAS ANSWERED! I was so shocked! Even some of my dumb question that I wrote early on. Like if my writs were going to get better and then someone spoke about how all things are for our good And I had known this before but that just made it more solid. Maybe dad is right and I will be able to plant a seed with my wrists in some way or maybe something else. This life was NEVER meant to be just a walk in the park. When we are put through trials it is because God knows we can do it and also that we will be able to grow so much from our trials. Also I wanted to know what kind of characteristics  I needed to be working on right now and I feel like humility and being able to look around at others first before I think of myself, are a couple of the things I need to work on. There was points in conference where I was like "boom, that was for me and I need to do that" and this was one of them. I just kept thinking of what it says in my patriarchal blessing and how these things will help me and bless me.  So that is just a little snippet of what I felt during conference. Oh also I was amazed at how fast everything went! Like it felt so short! I never got tired and I was able to pay attention so much easier when I was really searching for questions! This also was another answer to one of my questions. How I should improve my studies? And I got the answer to ask more questions during my studies or study question investigators have. Also I was so amazed at how at the every beginning even before Pres. Eyring said it, how the song in conference are also really important. They are not just randomly picked and even if they were the Lord's hand would have been in it. The songs are meant to also teach us! Everything about conference was just amazing to me! Also just if you were wondering, I watched conference at the church. We tried to watch it with members and investigators. We tried to watch it with Helen and her family and they cancelled on us at like midnight the night before.... 
so after dinner, the member who we were eating with asked us if any of us know how to do math and I was really the only one. So she asked me if I could answer a couple questions she had. So I finished eating really quick and then we started math! Man it was fun! I was also able to remember how to do it all! So that was epic! I was able to sit down with her for like a hour and just explain to her how it worked and how to do it. (Let me remind you this is in Spanish. It was so awesome! also I was able lot help her because all of our appointments fell through so we had no where to really go at the moment. Also she told us this is the first time she has asked the missionaries for help in 6 years so I felt like this was pretty important.) she was really confused before hand and pretty stressed because she has a final this week on all of it so she was super grateful that I was able to help her. 
Specialized training. We talked about "becoming a preach my gospel missionary" and this talk is amazing! Rachel knows what I am talking about. It is so incredible! There were so many things that I learned from reading this talk but then also having a whole meeting on this talk! I really loved it! I would tell you more but I left my bag at the church on accident and the ZL'S are bringing it to me later today and my journal is in it..... 
So we were able to give a Blessing to Hna balero friend who has MS and is not doing to well. It was a really neat experience and one I hope I never forget. She is pretty sick and not able to really talk anymore and after we gave her a blessing of comfort and peace I stepped back and was just looking at her and I felt that I needed to just smile and smile with my teeth, like mom explained. And I just sat there and was smiling and she looked at me and she looked right at me and said "Thank You" the words thank you have never hit me so hard. I knew that she truly meant it and was her way of saying everything she needed to tell me in two words. The power of saying thank you is something I overlook too much. I need to remember how important it is to say thank you and say it from my heart. When I do it this way, people will truly feel of my love for them and that I truly and grateful for what they do.
I love you all so much! Thank you for all you do for me! I can feel your love so strong everyday and I know I have the best fan club ever! You never stop cheering me on and you keep pushing me to be better each day!
Love
Elder Peters!

P.S. this week is transfers so if you send anything you have to do it before the 7th or so. Transfers are in the 11th so just make sure it have enough time to get here before or just send it to the mission office. This may be better because then it will for sure make it to me if I get transferred.

We went bowling for a zone activity today!

No comments:

Post a Comment