Serving in the Oregon Eugene Mission

Tuesday, November 17, 2015

November 17, 2015
i think of all you guys in the mornings when i walk to class. it gets cold here in the mornings!! probably because we are like 7000 feet in the air.... haha i hope that you all are enjoying bundling up!!!
the sunrises and sunsets here are pretty amazing!! i don't think i have ever seen so many sunrises!!! it is crazy!!! every morning  i walk past that mountain that has the towers on it and it always looks so amazing!!!
haha so dad i have been fighting myself for like 4 weeks now because i have been craving chips so bad!!!!!! it is crazy!!! i finally gave in this week and i bought a can of pringles here!! it was so amazing!!!!!!!!!! it made me so happy!!!!
mom can you maybe send me a picture or something of how you memorized the articles of faith? i am trying to learn them in Spanish and i think that that would be helpful!
dad!!! i learned something awesome this week!!! it is called TTIP!!! it is amazing!!! Teach, Testify, Invite, Promise!!!!!! this is the most amazing way to teach!!!!!! i have seen the power of it in my teaching!!!
so this week i have been in a lot of pain. i have had wrist pain since last pday and it had been getting worse and worse until finally i couldn't stand it anymore. i told me comp that we needed to go to the enfermeria during gym so i wouldn't miss class and he was like no way i not missing gym time. and then i said (cuz i was a little mad and hurting) what do you expect me to do during gym time!!!! i physically cant do anything i hurt so bad. and then i broke down and started crying like hard crying.... and then the big tonga gym came up to me and gave me a hug which felt like a was hugging tyler and so that made me cry more and then after all that i think my comp saw how much i was hurting and so he comforted me and took me to the docs... it is crazy because i have been praying since like the 1st week here to feel more love for me comp and to learn to love him and that he would love me and that prayer was answered though this experience. the lord is mindful of us and he know exactly how to help us!!!!!!!!!!!! i love the Lord and i know he loves me!!!!
i love you all so much and i love that i get mail from you everyday!!!!!!! please keep it up!!! i love you all!!
Amor 
Elder Peters
What foods do they try to feed you that you don't eat:)

um i eat most everything. the tacos sometimes are really hard and there is this weird meat things that is like orange and i don't get that. i will always get whatever else is offered. and you will be glad to know i am eating well and i have a salad like every day maybe even 2 times a day. and i have fruits and veggies and bread. so the food is most of the time pretty good. nothing compared to having you cook for me but it is good. i miss just being able to eat whenever and being able to choose what we ate.... haha

Do you share a bathroom and have public showers?

i have a bathroom for our room. so there are 5 rooms in each casa (house) and each room have 4 missionaries in them so i share a bathroom with 4 people. 

Do you really hear gun shots and such from outside the complex?  Is it really in a scary part of town?

i guess so. sometimes it is hard to tell if it is guns or fireworks. but there is always noise here. well the ccm is very peaceful and i haven't been out of it really but when we drove to the temple it was pretty crazy. they had like these garages on the side of the road and some had like some crazy things in them. like car seat like the real seat. or bumpers and random stuff like that.

What is you favorite time of the day?

um i really enjoy all the learning. i am learning a ton and the teachers are really helpful. i have had a pretty rough week so i don't know if it really has been my favorite this week. but i also like the times that they give me to just do me. my wrist have been really bad and my head has been killing me....i wear my braces. 24/7 again. i have done the rub on medicine too.. i went to the doc and he gave me another cortizone shot in my left arm  because he said he was not trained enough to give it in the wrist (he said it would do the same thing)  and he gave me like steriod tapers. he told me to take the duexis again so i haven't been able to take excerdrin... how do i treat my wrist pain and my head. this week has been REALLY hard for me..... but i am leaning on the lord for his strength!!   i told myself last night when i really needed a hug from you that i may not get to hug you for two years but i am learning to love and be loved another way. and to trust in the lords love and help others feel the love for there families like i do for mine!
How is the spanish?
it is a ton better then last week but no where near where i want it to be. but that is totally fine i know i am learning everyday and that is what is really important. it takes me a little longer to learn then everyone else but i think that is because they all have at least 2 years of spanish already. but i am stickin  with them i can understand a ton of what is said to me in spanish. 

What are they working on you learning this week?

spanish!! ;) hahaha i work on spanish every day and then like 1 or 2 days of the week we do a spiritual thing. but they give me time to study what i want so it is good.
remember each day is only a memory tomorrow, so make good memories!
 can you have dad and tyler tell me about there mtc experience?
hasta luego!!!! yo hablo a ustedes proxima semana!!!!!!! les amo!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Elder Peters



No comments:

Post a Comment