Serving in the Oregon Eugene Mission

Monday, January 11, 2016

Jan. 11, 2016

January 4th to January 11th
So i have been listening to the recording that Sarah sent me and I love them!!! And Sarah can I just be like the millionth person to say that your voice is beautiful!!! You have to keep going forward with this gift you have!!! I listen to you and I feel so much peace and joy! If I close my eyes It is almost like you're right here and your are singing to me! Thank you so much for this and I am so glad you thought to send those to me! I love you!!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY SARAH!!!!!!!!😄😄😄😄
i love you so much!!! i looked at My iPad and i looked at the date to see what day it Was because i always forget and then i saw it Was thursday and i realized that it also said January 7th!!!! I was like wait! It's Sarah's birthday!!! 
So we have been having troubles with our toilet and it wouldn't flush and so if you flushed it, it would just all run out over the bowl... Lucky I have a handyman side (thanks dad) and I knew where the shut off valve was and so I got it turned off and then I cleaned up the floor. This happened 3 times and we were about to call someone but then I did it one more time and it flooded over and I forgot which way to turn the valve and so I actually turned it on instead of off so it really flooded but then when I turned it off and got it all cleaned up again the toilet worked!!! Yay for the simple things in life! (Sorry Brandon..... I'm sorry you don't have this problem...)
It has been a weird couple of days...
Gum... Gross 
This week has been weird. I have felt a little bit off for some reason and things have just been a little different.
This week I have struggled a little and I wasn't really sure why. Satan has been trying hard core to get me down and some times he would but one night this week in particular I just was like "enough something has to change right now with my attitude or I'm not going to be able to function and stuff" so I decided to just start typing my feeling and then all of the sudden the reason behind all of my problems came out! And you know what? It was something really dumb and little and I don't even remember exactly what it was. But I do remember what happened when I was typing. I was feeling all down and I have been trying to figure out what kinda person I am and then I asked that out loud (don't worry elder Blake was in the shower) and the thought came to my head "I'm a child of God" and I tried to push it away because I guess I wasn't ready for that and satan was pushing me to hold my grudge. But it kept coming back! I know I am a child of God and that he loves me more then I humanly can imagine! 
Happy birthday rachel!!!!!!!!! I don't know where to even start with how thankful I am for you! You have helped me so much and helped me become the person and missionary I am!
Transfers happened and...... Drum roll please! I'm staying! Haha didn't see that one coming! Hehehe! And so is elder Blake, elder palomeque, and so it elder worthlin. We are all staying. It has been a little weird and interesting with everything that is happening. They are reducing the number of Spanish missionaries down to 10 for some reason so 3 of our fellow Spanish amigos will be English speaking now....  Dad why would they reduce the number of  Spanish missionaries if we have plenty of work to do and places where we could use help? Also dad how can I make more out of what is happening and apply everything that I am learning? I guess that I am learning so much it is hard to keep it all but there are so many things that I want to be good at but it is hard... Wait no you said nothing on the mission is hard... It pushes me to be more. But how do I keep learning? I feel like I get to like the middle or towards the end of the day and I am just dragging. Not a ton but I just don't have the drive like I do in the morning after I listen to a conference talk. Idk but oh well.
Oh we had a baptism this week! Andrea  was baptized!!!!!!! It was so great! It was interesting and a little weird to be on the missionary side. But it was fun. Like when we were filling the fount it wasn't filling fast enough so I suggested that we fill up pots of water in the kitchen and then dump them in. So we did that till like 5 minutes before they started! Hehe! I decided I do a lot of background work! I (as the tallest and longest) was chosen to pull the plug on the drain but the little hook that opens it out doesn't work and so I had to be pretty tricky and I had to take off my shoes and roll up my pants and take off my sweater and roll up my sleeve and reach into the bottom of the font and pull the plug! It was pretty intense! And you know what, I still got wet!!! My bum some how got all wet!! Lucky my pants are all dark so you couldn't tell!!! Hehehehe! It was fun! 
1 Nephi 21: 15-16 much comfort in two very short verses. I found these while I was studying and I had just listened to the talk by Elder Holland "behold thy mother" (also I really recommend listening to like one conference talk a day!! You are able to learn a ton!!! ...at least I do!!!) and I absolutely loved what it said and then I found these verses and I was like "Wow!" 
15 For can a woman forget her sucking child, that she should not have compassion on the son of her womb? Yea, they may forget, yet will I not forget thee, O house of Israel.
16 Behold, I have graven thee upon the palms of my hands; thy walls are continually before me.
This is what really stuck out to me! He can and will never be able to forget us! Even if he tried! We are greaves upon his hands! He knows us, our sadness, happiness, concerns, worries, EVERYTHING! This brought me so much peace and comfort!!!
I love you all so much!!! I am so thankful for all of you and everyone that has helped me in life!! I know I couldn't have been the kind of person with out all of your help! That includes the family and also all of my friends, neighbors, leaders and so many people!! I am so thankful for all of you! Thank you for being so kind and loving to me! I love you all and I hope that everything is going good for everyone!! And don't forget that anyone can write me.  love, Michael


Just like my Sisters, I finished the Peanut Butter all gone!












No comments:

Post a Comment