Serving in the Oregon Eugene Mission

Monday, February 27, 2017

Feb. 27, 2017
Hello everyone and I hope you all had an incredible week! This week was great! A couple cool experience that happened this week was that after dinner one night we were flipping around (because missionaries have to back up each other ðŸ˜‰) and while we were doing that there was this house that we have tried to visit a few time and have not had great success but this time there were cars out front and so I told elder Broshears that we should go see them! So we did and we met Melanie! She is great! When she opened up we got talking and I asked her if she knew why we were called Mormons? And that is probably my favorite questions to ask people because I can introduce everything in this question. So we talked about the book of mormon and the restoration and about Joseph Smith and it was so cool because she didn't know anything goes boutique Mormons and what we believe so we didn't have to break down any false teachings!  So as we talked and testified to her I could see in her eyes something changing.  It was like lights were turning on and things were clicking! It was so cool! She took a copy of the book of Mormon and said that site would read it that night and pray about it! Woot woot!
On Friday and part of Saturday we were on exchanges and I was able to learn a lot from the elder I was with! He is on point and so ready to work! It was a ton of fun and we were able to go to a stake dance, don't worry the bishop took us😉, we invited someone to be baptized and she accepted and we were able to help prepare someone for there baptism the next day! They had and goal the teach 40 lessons in one weekend so we both needed to teach 5 lessons on friday night and it was about 8:50 and we had only taught 4... so we kept trying to talk with people as we walked home (he taught me so much about how to start up a conversation with someone as you are walking by them and it is going to be so helpful to talk with more people! I just need to practice some more with it! But as we were walking home we found the person who was on date in their area that was walking past us! So we had an quick lesson with her and rechallenged him to read the book of mormon every day and to quit smoking. The Lord will provide as we do our best and he will put people in our path as we set righteous goals. I know He is watching out for us! I know that he loves us! I pray that we all my be able to come closer to Christ and be able to live in a way where we can always feel of the spirit and be ready to learn! I love you all so MUCH! 
Elder Michael Peters 





No comments:

Post a Comment